Xconomy Insight · Webinar
Xconomy Insight Presents: Starting a Biotech Company—Where to Begin
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Time: 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Launching a biotech company is a daunting task. It takes conviction, passion, and an idea or technology that offers a clear path from science to a valuable asset that will attract investors. This Xconomy Insight/Xontogeny webinar draws on years of experience from legal, seed investors, and tech transfer experts to give your nascent company the best chances for success.
From this webinar, part of the Entrepreneurs’ Startup Manual Webinar Series, you’ll learn:
- How do you know if you have a great idea?
- Once you have your idea, where and how do you begin? What are the key steps to take—and the potential mistakes to avoid?
- What are the trade-offs in creating a virtual company with a lean staff versus a broader team for support?
- What is the best kind of structure for the company?
- Where (and how) do you begin looking for financial support?
- Kathleen Denis – Former Associate VP of Technology Transfer, Rockefeller University Tech Transfer
- Brian Goldstein – Choate Hall & Stewart
- Peter Parker – Co-Founder, Lab Central; Managing General Director, BioInnovation Capital
- Chris Garabedian (moderator) – Founder, Xontogeny