Managing Partner at Pappas Ventures
Chair, Department of Chemical Physiology, The Scripps Research Institute; Co-director, Center for Physiological Proteomics, The Scripps Research Institute
VP of Research & Policy, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
Founder, Young Inventors
The Fast Pitch Forum & Technology Showcase (FPF) generates buzz year after year as one of the most popular and successful Washington state technology events. It’s a vehicle for Northwest technology companies to pitch and therefore “showcase” their business to the local community, key venture capitalists and technology buyers, and to learn about the state of the investment climate. This event provides an unparalleled exchange of business ideas, information and feedback. Whether you’re an investor, a company, a buyer, or just someone interested in the tech industry, this is the forum for you!
Nearly 350 attendees will gather to observe the most promising companies give their pitch, as well as take advantage of hearing leading speakers share trends and innovations in the technology industry and the investment community. In addition, new to 2009 is the “people’s choice awards” in which attendees will, along with the judges, vote on the presentations and take part in making one company the best in the Northwest!
THE WTIA FAST PITCH FORUM WILL FEATURE:
* Presentations by up to 24 presenting companies in different sectors from the northwest region.
* Keynote speaker, Timothy C. Draper, Founder and a Managing Director of Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
* Judging of the presentations by both the industry experts and attendees, providing reactions and educating about company building, financing and industry trends.
* A morning panel that will feature local technology companies and their success stories of achieving an M&A exit in 2008; panel will be moderated by Marc Brown, Microsoft head of Corporate Development/M&A.
* Technology Showcase featuring the products and/or solutions of presenting companies. This space is available to selected presenting companies.
New for 2009:
* Now a multi-day event! Take part in the Angel Investing Seminar and VC networking event brought to you by the WTIA and Keiretsu Forum, preceding the Fast Pitch Forum on May 26, 2009.
* Take advantage of seeing the best of the best in breakout companies as they give their pitch in one room!