Business builders, leaders and buyers share counter-cyclical wisdom and entrepreneurial success stories, co-hosted by MIT Enterprise Forum and the Washington Technology Industry Association. (Info and registration here.)
It takes a special kind of leader to find opportunity when everyone else only sees doom and gloom. Counter-cyclical businesses have unique characteristics, and can result in some of the biggest wins. But today, silver linings are not enough – the question is how to leverage success in the midst of current economic realities.
On May 20th, join MITEF’s last Dinner Forum of the season moderated by Mark Britton, CEO of AVVO, as our panel of savvy business leaders share strategies for how they turn any economic situation into long-term advantage:
* David Bluhm, a key contributor in multiple start-ups, including Zero260, Medio Systems, NextMedium, GoTV and HandsOn Mobile
* Marc Brown, Managing Director, Corporate Development, Microsoft Corporation
* Thomas S. Huseby, Managing Partner, SeaPoint Ventures
* Linden Rhoads, Vice Provost, University of Washington TechTransfer
Our stellar line-up of economic veterans will share their experience with hundreds of deals resulting from disasters to public offerings in a myriad of economic cycles, as well as stories about how they survived previous downturns, including what worked and what didn’t. Their valuable insights will spark ideas to help you survive the current crisis, strive and position your business for future success.
Explored topics include:
* The types of companies, products and services that thrive in a challenging economy
* Creative solutions for the current problems entrepreneurs are facing
* Industries, geographies and technologies that provide increased opportunities now
* What to do when you don’t know what to do