The Hybritech Alumni: Where Are They Now?

3/12/10Follow @xconomy

Marc Dubucq, Senior Manager Scientific Affairs Europe, Gen-Probe [Added: 3:18 pm, 3/14/10]

Ronald Dudek, director of market development, Silicon Kinetics

John Duddy, vice president at Applied Biosystems unit, Life Technologies

Patti Duffy, customer service/sales operations professional

Kathy Eure, senior director of global planning, performance and outsourcing, Baxter Healthcare

Mark Falkowski, management consultant, president and CEO Direct Medical Systems

Barbara Ferris, quality specialist, SenDx Medical

Mark Fineman, executive director of clinical pharmacology, Amylin Pharmaceuticals

Judith Finlay, technical director, The Binding Site [Added: 8:05 pm, 3/14/10]

Debra Fountaine, manufacturing quality scientist, Beckman Coulter [Added: 2:45 pm, 3/15/10]

John Frazer, scientist, Arena Pharmaceuticals [Added: 7 pm, 3/18/10]

Chet French, manager of site training, MedImmune

Judy French, manager of research operations/study management/contracts management

James Frincke, CEO, Harbor Biosciences (formerly Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals) [Added 10:10 am, 3/12/10]

Wendy Gaal, chief executive brewmistress, Knitters Brewing Company

Denise Garcia, director of records management solutions, WaveFront Clinical Management Services

Cam Garner, chairman of the board, Cadence Pharmaceuticals

Carlton Gasior, HTS specialist, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute

Pramod Gaur, vice president TeleHealth, UnitedHealth Group

Janet Gladwin, owner, “Double You” Pet-Sitters [Added: 7:45 pm, 3/22/10]

Dee Gordon, retired, previously director of marketing, Biosite Diagnostics [Added: 3:15 pm, 3/23/10]

Sherrie Green, promotional communication specialist, Prometheus Laboratories [Added: 8:22 am, 3/15/10]

Howard “Ted” Greene, board member, Satiogen Pharmaceuticals, Tandem Diabetes Care, and CoDa Therapeutics [Updated: 7 pm, 3/18/10]

Donald Grimm, director, Hamilton BioVentures

David Hale, chairman and CEO, Hale Biopharma Ventures, chairman of Santarus, Somaxon Pharmaceuticals, and Micromet

Keith Hall, senior director, quality control & assay development, Vical [Added: 2:45 pm, 3/15/10]

Craig Halverson, principal, Halverson Biopharmaceutical Consulting

Harold Handley, principal, HHHandley Biotechnology Consulting

Tom Hastings, facilities manager, Sapphire Energy

Rachel Hernandez, Team Leader, Project Manager, Coach, Mentor

Susan Hochschwender, pharmaceutical consultant

Dee Hoffman, executive director, National Credit Restoration Alliance

Teresa Howard, senior human resources consulting, TC Howard Consulting

Bruce Huebner, managing partner, LynxCom Partners

David Huelin, manufacturing engineer,General Atomics [Added: 7:40 am,  3/15/10]

… Next Page »

Single Page Currently on Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 previous page

• Pingback: The Hybritech Alumni: Where Are They Now? « NCTimes.com Blogs

• http://www.xconomy.com/author/ltimmerman/ Luke Timmerman

I’ve been blown away today by the response to this article. My inbox has been overflowing with Hybritech alumni who want to join the list. This story had 110 names when I first published it on Friday, and as of the last update, it’s up to 168 at last count.

Thanks to David Kabakoff of Sofinnova Ventures for help in finding people, and to all of you who have written to me directly to help strengthen this project. I hope you find it useful.

• Dave

Bruce Birch-President, Biosources, Inc.
    Bruce was the facilities manager at Hybritech

• http://www.xconomy.com/author/ltimmerman/ Luke Timmerman

Thanks to everybody who’s written in with new names. You’re wearing me out trying to track down all these people, confirming their connection to Hybritech, and their new titles. If people would just like to add comments here with the alumnus’ name, title, and employer, that would be a load off this reporter’s back.

Again, thanks very much for all the kind words. The positive response has convinced me to do more stories like this.

• Beth North

This is a side question really — in your studies, did you come across a little company in the Boston area called Hygia (or some other spelling variant)?

They were developing some products when Hybritech sued Abbott over patent infringement.

I think they were acquired shortly after Ames Division, Miles Labs. Inc. (already owned by Bayer AG) decided to end a potential partnership in marketing some of their products.

This would have been in the 80′s.

Thanks for any help.

Beth

• http://www.xconomy.com/author/ltimmerman/ Luke Timmerman

Beth–I’m not familiar with Hygia or the patent issue you’re referring to—Luke

• Jeanne Lenzer

I’m a journalist working on a story about the development of the PSA test. I’d like to talk with Hybritech alums who were about BEFORE the test was approved by the FDA, who know something about the decision-making process, obstacles, etc., regarding approval.

Contact me please at jeanne.lenzer@gmail.com or 845.383.1527 thanks.
    Jeanne Lenzer

• Stacey Riordan

I worked in research, in the pilot plant. We were isolating antibodies which were targeted with isotopes in the field of cancer, especially liver and breast. We were working with Dr. Stanley Order at John’s Hopkins at that time. I worked as a technician in the class 100 room as well as primary studies leading up to that point.

• Stacey Riordan

Worked in Pilot plant with N. Purro and Susan Christianson early 80′s, and some pretty amazing things happened in that lab,,we had some people saved by our “magic bullet”….I am very pleased with my time there…I loved Hybritech and all the people I worked with…very dedicated. Miss you guys, hope all is well.
    Stace

• victor sabater

Hi, I was apart of Hybritech from 1996 to 1993 and I would like to join the alumi. What I need is to get in contact with the current HR group (but it looks like the company is no longer in business). If anyone has contact info, please contact me at vsabater@att.net. Thanks guys!

• Scott Kelsey

Hello,

I am a alumni!

• Chuck Rose

Yeah you are! How you been boss?

• Chuck Rose

Go ahead and add me to that motley crew…Sales & Marketing Work-Study Student…somewhere around 1990-1991 if memory serves…went on to work at the VA Hospital Medical Research, Alliance Pharmaceutical Corp, DepoTech, BioStruct, Hepatix and Millennium Engineering to name a few!

• pmk

Parrish Knapp

Add me to the crew as well. I am around Southern California somewhere. connect with me in Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/parrish-knapp/8/709/b0

• Phil Paul

You left off Tom Perkin of KPCB, a Board Member and you left off Brook Byers, of KPCB, a Board Member; and you didn’t mention Biovest Partners which I helped Tim Wollaeger and Ted Greene for right after the sale of Hybritech to Eli Lilly………it’s important to the development of the San Diego Healthcare Industry, in that Biosite, Amylin, Cytel, Pyxis and a couple of other very successful Healthcare companies were nurtured by Tim and Ted immediately following Hybritech; in, in my opinion, that’s was really spawned the vibrant Healthcare market around La Jolla/San Diego.
    Phil Paul

• Tim

I don’t know if I count or not, haha. I worked as a Temp from a Temp agency harvesting ascites. Went on to Ph.D. and M.D. studies, but now just working in clinical medicine. Loved my time at Hybritech. Great people, and friendly atmosphere. Timothy Tom